.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The waves

As the Wind Blows

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

27 June 2004

I found this link in Kribs blog. It says Mind reader. Amazing ! But what puzzles me is that when I get my final number and just click the crystal ball without even seeing the chart, the ball shows some wrong picture. Then I check the chart look at them number and then click the ball - wow.. it shows the correct picture! I thought that may be since my mouse touched the number, it had a sensor hint (?!) so it showed the correct connection. So second time around I got my number, but saw the chart without taking my mouse anywhere near, and then clicked the ball... wow.. hit again. correct number. So it means my look at the number reflects on the monitor?? err.. err.. kind of scarry? anyone with some rational explanation?!

Of course - you can trust on Kingsley for any rational explanation :-) here he goes in Kirupa's comment box: " Yep, the spoiler is that, you'll always get a multiple of nine. And if you notice, all the multiples of nine have the same symbol. And this is positively prehistoric. For me, the fun was in spoiling it for everyone ;)"

P.S : Looks like a lot of people - including me - have the luxury of time :-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best part is that he cleverly reassigns the symbol for the multiples of 9 every time you replay it.

yno

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was dyno ;)

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

any two digit number= 10x+y
10x+y-(x+y)=9x and all multiples of 9 have the same symbol.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Kingsley Joseph said...

At first, I thought it was a time delay technique - force you to take a longer time, measuring the timeout and estimating a guess. But that sounded too complex and not as exact. Then I worked out the algebra, and there it was :)

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home